Wow, it feels like such a long time ago I first laid eyes on this. It was immediately apparent I’d be getting this, I was totally smitten with it. Eyeshadow palettes are my thing, we all have our vices and for me, eyeshadow palettes are it! I love my warm tones and this has plenty of them, along with some brighter pops of colour too, making it a great all-rounder. I watched Jaclyn’s video (Here) as she talked about the palette and showed us the swatches…. that was it, I was hooked in and I knew I had to have it. The pigment looked incredible, the colour range was fab too. Definitely a one stop shop for all of my eyeshadow needs, which would make this an excellent choice to travel with also.
Already a big fan of Morphe and how affordable, yet high quality their products are I really couldn’t wait to get my hands on this. When it launched on the Morphe website I toyed with buying it, I got all the way to the final stage of checking out, but I just couldn’t bring myself to hit confirm. To buy direct with international shipping it would have set me back around £75.00! As much as I loved it I just couldn’t do it, no amount of justifying would cut it.
So I left it and I clung on to the hope that one of our lovely UK retailers would stock it, finally we got confirmation!! This was it! I would hopefully snag myself a Palette. BeautyBay finally delivered the news I was waiting for, 28/09/17 the palette would drop! Hallelujah! Along rolls the 28th, and so did the whole launch stress. Crashing website, timing out notices and finally the dreaded words staring back at me “OUT OF STOCK” all before 0910!!
Despite the stress and hassle and with all website glitches ironed out, I was lucky enough to order one and I am so glad I did! What a beauty she is too. Jaclyn, has in my option created a stunning palette. Yes we’ve seen this sort of thing done, but the quality of the shadows is amazing. It isn’t hard to see why Jaclyn spent over two years ensuring this palette was all she dreamed of and more, getting the formulas just right. If that isn’t goals I don’t know what is. I’m sure we all dream of creating our own makeup. Oh what a dream it would be.
The packaging is silver ridged card with a flip-up lid that comes concealed within a matching card sleeve, it has Jaclyn’s name written over the top of the lid. On the inside of the lid she has wrote a personal message to her subscribers, it reads “This palette is dedicated to all my loving subscribers” followed by her signature. It’s very simple and sleek, you also get a separate shade listing included, personally I’d have preferred to see this stuck to the back of the palette for ease, but I guess when it is separate you can look at both at the same time.
The palette contains 35 pans of beautiful shadow in shimmer, satin, foiled, duo-chrome and creamy matte finishes so there’s definitely something for everyone. It’s definitely a warm tone palette with a lot of creams, browns, oranges, reds a few pops of colour and a deep black for perfecting a much-loved smokey eye.
- Enlight – Satin, neutral cream shade, ideal for inner corner and brow bone highlight
- Beam – Frost, pale gold with yellow undertones, again great for inner corner and brow bone
- Silk Creme – Matte, light-medium peach beige, perfect for a transition shade
- M.F.E.O (Made For Each Other) – Peach tan with warm undertones, another great one for a deeper transition shade
- Faint – Shimmer, pink with warm undertones
- Sissy – Duo Chrome, deeper pink with a rose gold like appearance in some lights
- Little Lady – Shimmer, copper pink shade with warm undertones
- Creamsicle – Matte, rich warm mustard yellow
- Butter – Matte, light-medium warm tone orange
- Pooter – Matte, medium brown shade with orange undertones
- Pukey – Matte, medium yellow-brown shade with warm undertones
- Hunts – Matte, deep burnt orange
- Firework – Shimmer, rich reddish-orange shade
- Queen – Foiled, rich true gold shade with warm undertones
- Obsessed – Shimmer, light beige champagne shade with peach undertones
- S.B.N (Smokey But Natural) – Shimmer, medium copper brown shade
- Hillster – Shimmer, deep burnt copper with brown undertones
- Roxanne – Matte, medium – dark brown with red / orange undertones
- Jacz – Matte, dark burnt red with brown undertones
- Buns – Matte, light terracotta shade with reddish-brown undertones
- Cranapple – Shimmer, medium red with orange undertones
- Royalty – Shimmer, deep purple with cooler undertones
- Twerk – Shimmer, a deep bluey purple with cool undertones
- Hustle – Shimmer, medium cool tone taupe with grey undertones
- Meeks – Shimmer, golden bronze with warm undertones
- 24/7 – Shimmer, dark brown warm toned shade, this is a very hard pressed formula and works best when applied with your finger or using a wet brush and packing it on the lid
- Chip – Matte, medium – dark reddish-brown with warm undertones
- Mocha – Matte, warm tone fudge brown
- Pool Party – Duo Chrome, aqua blue teal with warm golden shimmer undertones
- Jada – Matte, deep teal with cool undertones
- Diva – Foiled, deep dark green with cool undertones
- Enchanted – Matte, dark rich green with neutral undertones
- Centeral Park – Matte, deep rich true brown with neutral undertones
- Soda Pop – Matte, deep blackened purple with warm undertones
- Abyss – Matte, deep rich black
Wowza! That’s like a never-ending list of shades! For all it’s more warm toned I definitely feel that it has a great varied mix of shades that would work well for every skintone. This palette has absolutely blown me away, the texture of the shadows is some of the creamiest, butter like formulas I have ever felt. Even the matte shades feel like butter under my fingertips and that is no mean feat! Sometimes deeper matte shades can go on patchy and take a few applications to get good colour payoff. Not with this, you barely have to touch them to have enough product on your finger to deliver an intense, highly pigmented swatch. Some of the foiled shadows are so creamy that they actually feel almost wet to the touch, the colour payoff is INSANE! I know I’m kinda fan girling over here but seriously, when I find a gorgeous palette with this quality of shadows I want to shout it from the rooftops!
Not only are the formulas rich and creamy, they are pressed in such a way you don’t experience the dreaded kickback and fallout. Whats more is that they all work together in such harmony to blend out and layer on top on one another to create so many eye looks, the mind boggles! They are all very buildable too so you can achieve a more intense colour if you desire. There is a great mix of matte, shimmer, foiled and duo chrome shades included within the palette so again, the palette is your oyster in terms of what you can create.
This palette retails for £37.00 which in my opinion is an absolute steal considering you get 35 of the highest quality eyeshadows included. It is a little more than the usual price for Morphe palettes of this size, but when you think of the time, and effort, not to mention endless samples to ensure it was perfect that went in to creating this, it’s still a great affordable price for a palette of this size. I definitely can’t complain about that price. I’ve paid a more for a lot less in palettes in the past. Currently the palette is sold out on BeautyBay but they have confirmed a restock during October, you can sign up to be notified of this date, or you can also stay up to date by following their social media pages.
Okay, so lets wrap this up. I personally love this palette. I am all about the warm tones and some fun pops of colour. I could use this as a stand alone palette and create so many different looks. I can’t get over how amazing the formulas are and how intensely pigmented they are. How much you might like it will depend on how you see yourself using it, whether it be a stand alone palette, or to be used with other shadows also. Whether or not the colours included will work for you and what you like.
I do plan to use this on a regular basis to come back with a more comprehensive review on the wearability of it and how well the shadows perform on the lid for varied durations of time. So far I am really impressed by this, I think Jaclyn and Morphe have done a fabulous job and created an incredible palette at such a great price point. At little over £1.00 a shadow how could anyone grumble?!
What are your first thoughts on this? Did you order one? Do you plan to get one? I would love to know.