Oh Autumn, how I have missed you.
Whether you’re an Autumn person, or a fall person, the season so many of us love is here! It is without a doubt my favourite season! I’m so excited to welcome in Autumn, and I fully intend on embracing every second of it. Of course I enjoy the warm Summer days and longer nights, but my heart belongs to Autumn. There I said it!
There is just something special about the Autumn that makes me love it so much. The beautiful colours, deep rich oranges and burnt reds, everywhere looks so picturesque. The way they crunch beneath our feet. The air begins to turn crisp, and our clothes become cosier. Our drinks become warmer, I mean Pumpkin Spice Lattes!! Hello!! Not to mention we are closer to Christmas, who doesn’t love that?! I for one most definitely do!!
It is my favourite time of year to go clothes shopping, I love me some burgundy, mustard and berry shades. So many cosy scarves and mittens at every turn, the shops gradually begin to get a festive feel. This time of year really brings out the best in me and the only bad thing about it, is that it isn’t long enough for me.
- Switch up our home decor and put pumpkins and decorative leaves EVERYWHERE!
- Visit a pumpkin patch
- Take a walk in the crunchy leaves, collect pine cones and fallen leaves, oh and take the obligatory feet in leaves photos, because Autumn!
- Carve a pumpkin
- Change up my makeup bag for a more Autumnal vibe
- Make a pumpkin inspired food recipe
- Burn pumpkin spice candles all day long
- Take a bubble bath with new seasonal Lush goodies, then cover myself in Pumpkin scented body cream from Bath and Body Works
- Watch Hocus Pocus
- Drink Pumpkin Spice Lattes all day everyday until they stop
- Wrap up in a woolly jumper and scarf to watch some fireworks
- Read my complete set of Harry Potter books, and watch all of the films
- Do a Halloween Makeup Look blog post
- Make hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows in my cute pumpkin mug! Why do things by halves!
- Switch up my wardrobe and add lots of burgundy, mustard and deeper tones, my personal favourites!
- Indulge in too many festive Costa drinks to count, and get them to go just for the cute cups. Lets not forget their amazing mince pies too! All of the mince pies please!! Calories don’t count at that time of year….
Are you an Autumn lover too? What are some of your favourite things to do during the season?